It could be algae. Or maybe ….
- Stealth marketing for new Olympic sponsor, Midori
- Pool always loved the Chicago River’s St. Patrick’s Day shtick
- Secret chemical that turns pee green + Russians panic-dumping samples before surprise WADA inspection
- Many people are saying that Donald Trump’s pool cleaning service is not everything the ads promise
- Synchronized divers’ microbiomes went a little rogue after that one jump, if you know what we mean
- GFP GMOs
- Water actually gold but shows up as green on new-fangled color TVs*
- A tale of eldritch horror from the benthic depths
- “Blood-colored” feels a little too on-the-nose
- U jelly?
- Caipirinha-flavored Soylent
- Brazilian pride. (The racing pool is yellow)
- Everything is fine
The water quality at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre was tested and there were no risks for the athletes. We are investigating the cause.
— Rio 2016 (@Rio2016_en) August 9, 2016
*Star Trek deep cut